Today, on the day after Thanksgiving, I encourage you to participate in Buy Nothing Day!
Here are some things that you can do instead:
1) Take a hike! Enjoy nature. Make it a family tradition.
2) Visit a museum. We will be going to the Children's Museum using free passes from our local library.
3) Organize your charity giving. Talk with your family about the causes you want to support this year.
4) Do some crafts. Make, rather than buy, your gifts.
5) Write your Christmas cards - bonus points for including a personal message!
6) Participate in the National Day of Listening (as heard on NPR). Ask people in your family about their lives and record it for posterity. Go to the website to download a how-to-guide.
What are you going to do today?